Imagine the world without music – no concerts to attend, no singing or whistling, no tapes or CDs, no music in movies, no marching bands, no dancing, no hymns, and no organ at baseball games! Without music our world would certainly be a bleak place. Music is perhaps the most abstract and sublime of all the arts. It is capable of transmitting an unbelievable amount of information to us. Music is important to the quality of human life.
Translate this page
Jack Bell: My Thoughts
- Netflix Is Adding Subscribers At A Record Pace. And Investing Billions More In Original Shows
- Listen To Lin Manuel Miranda's Early Drafts Of Songs From "Hamilton"
- Police Break Up Big European Art Trafficking Ring
- Is There A Business In Music Written By Artificial Intelligence?
- How Art Gets Chosen For The White House
- Henry Ford Museum To Change Its Name
- For A Decade The Number Of Live Music Venues Has Been Declining - Until This Year
- Why Brazil's Greatest Writer Gave Up Writing
- How Technology Will Change Us (Literally)
- What's Next In Theatre? A Fascination With European Avant-Garde Adaptations
- Claim: European Culture Is Actually A Made-Up Idea
- Just What, Exactly, Is "Popular" Music?
- So Your Movie Was A Hit At Sundance? (You're Still Not Going To Make Any Money)
- The Film 'A Dog's Purpose' Spawned A Viral Dog Abuse Video, And Here's What Went So Wrong
- All Of The Winners Of The American Library Association's Youth Awards (Spoiler: John Lewis Cleaned Up)
- Is IKEA Destroying The Antiques Trade?
- The Composer's Job During The Trump Administration
- In South Korea, 'Abused And Humiliated' Government Officials Reveal Push To Blacklist Artists
- One Thing That's Key To The Writing Life
- On Stage Now: Resistance, Catharsis, Community